Unlock the Secrets of COMPLETE MEDIA CONFIDENCE
MEDIA TRAINING either as tailored and run at your offices or public training days.
If you are going to talk to the media in any form, you need to be prepared. It’s never simply a case of answering questions. We can guide you through the techniques, procedures and practice of media relations.
Communications is about information and our media training courses are designed for everyone in your business regardless of what level they are at. Everyone is a brand champion and knowing what to say, to whom and in what form is vital to protect your business.
Media training is about making you more comfortable in dealing with the media. Our courses offer practical skills that will enhance your business profile without damaging your brand. Your needs are different from many others and we produce media training to cover your individual requirements.
IMAGE LINE MEDIA COURSES
Image Line Communications offers a number of individually tailored courses designed to meet your communication needs. Among the topics we cover are:
- Press releases
– why create press releases
– how to write them in the correct format
– what information do you need
– do you need photographs?
– what does the media expect from a press release
– the best ways to issue press releases
- Feature writing
– what is expected of a feature
– how to write an effective feature
– targeting of features
– striking the right balance
– ‘selling in’ a feature
– How to research for a feature
– What to include and what not to include
- Media interviews
– taking the fear out of media interviews
– how to prepare
– what to say and in what way
– the knowledge base – and why you should be prepared
– checking facts – both sides
– what do you want from a media interview?
- Social media
– what it encompasses
– what social media sources to use
– how to write for social media
– the dangers and the prizes
– how to use social media outlets for business
– limiting staff interactions in a business sense
- White papers
– what are white papers
– using a white paper externally
– how to write white papers
– ensuring your white papers are legal, honest and truthful
– when to use photographs in your communications
– how to brief photographers
– issuing photographs to the media – formats
– when not to use photography
- The core and business media
– the types of media for your business
– which media to concentrate on
– forming a connection with the media
– dealing with non-core media publications
- Dealing with the media
– how to approach the media
– what does the media want from you
– facts and figures
– copy approvals
– relationships with journalists
– balancing your needs and those of the media
– maintaining a relationship
- Deadlines and research
– internal deadlines
– keeping the media waiting
– how to research using time management
– drafts, approvals and final deadlines
- Corporate communications
– what they are useful for
– using internal resources
– ‘singing from the same hymn sheet’
– The management escalator
– Can your internal communications be used externally?
- Sponsorship support
– using the media to support your sponsorship programmes
– how to use sponsorship to support your external communications
- Advertising and the media
– the relationship
– when not to confuse the two!
– using PR to support advertising
- Crisis media management
– what triggers a crisis
– crisis management v crisis media
– levels of authority
– agreements at senior level
– ‘the hymn sheet’
- Proof reading, approvals and sign-offs
– why it is important to check everything!
– who approves the final copy
– how many drafts does it take before it is ready?
– Who will be writing your copy?
- Using a PR agency/freelance consultant
– why use an external agency
– what controls do you have?
– How to manage your agency
– What to expect
– The cost factor
Prices for public courses held in London are from £250 per person excluding VAT contact us for more details [email protected] 020 7689 9009.
Our online media training course has been designed and constructed byTom Maddocks, who used to be a reporter on BBC Televisions for several years, as well as having worked on Channel Four and in local radio, is recognised as one of the UK’s leading media training experts. As a coach and trainer, he has helped improve the media skills of individuals right up to CEO and board level at many companies in Europe.
Larger businesses tend to put their company spokespeople through rigorous media coaching or media training courses to help them deal with difficult questions and get the most out of any opportunity. However, small-business owners are missing out on the chance to raise their own media profiles because the cost of a professional media trainer can be financially out of reach forstart-ups and small businesses. If you want to:
- Understand how to get coverage in the press, radio and television to raise your brand profile and build your business, even if yours is a smaller company
- Learn how to deal with tricky questions from journalists
- Discover the ‘media mindset’ so you know what will catch reporters’ attention—the essential do’s and don’ts?
- Get your message across without being misquoted.
Complete Media Confidence is an online four-module video course presented by Tom Maddocks
- What journalists are looking for – in print, on radio, TV and online
- How to get your message across in any interview
- What works and doesn’t work on radio and TV -using demonstration interviews
- How to deal with difficult questions
The Media Training Modules
Four online video modules
What journalists want – including: the media environment, why engage with the media, the journalistic mindset, what is News, and how can you supply it?
How to prepare – including: confidence, clarity and control, pro-active and reactive media handling, our exclusive 3-stage preparation process, The EQUALS formula for coming up with a good ‘quote’, avoiding jargon.
TV interviews – including: the process of getting you on the air, roleplay interviews to show you what works and what doesn’t, creating soundbites, what to wear, avoiding interview traps.
Press, radio and online interviews – including: the questions to ask beforehand, vocal delivery tips, adapting your style, taking control in a print interview, on & off the record, ‘no comment’.
‘Use the Media to Build your Business’ – including: top 10 ways to create a ‘news hook’, getting the word out there, should you hire a PR, creating a press release, meeting journalists, using specialist and social media to get the message across. (Available separately at £49.00)
Access* to each video module for a period of up to 12 months.
£225.00 ex VAT.
Use the Media to Build Your Business
How to discover the news ‘hooks’ in your business that will interest journalists
How to create a great press release, or choose the right PR to do it for you
Key do’s and don’ts when meeting journalists or putting on a media event.
Use the Media to Build Your Business video is available separately, or is included as a FREE bonus module when you purchase the Complete Media Confidence course.