~ Looking at MOL from Press Releases Access Rankings ~
TOKYO—Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Takeshi Hashimoto) today announced access rankings for its news releases during 2021.
As stated in the MOL Group Corporate Mission, Group Vision, and Group Values “MOL CHARTS” revised on April 1 of this year, the group aims to meet the evolving social needs, including environmental conservation, and create value, while globally developing a variety of social infrastructure businesses not limited to traditional shipping businesses. The three strategies: Environment, Business, and Portfolio, was implemented as the core of the management plan “Rolling Plan 2021” to achieve the goal.
Some of the most visited news releases through the MOL website, including those focusing on the three strategies in the management plan and the theme of safety—the very foundation of MOL Group business activities—are outlined below.
In June, MOL established the “MOL Group Environmental Vision 2.1” with the goal of achieving net zero GHG emissions by 2050. In addition to reducing our own GHG emissions by adopting clean alternative fuels and energy-saving technologies, we introduce initiatives aimed at reducing society’s GHG emissions, by participating in the wind power business and developing businesses related to clean alternative fuels such as ammonia and hydrogen.
Initiatives to reduce the MOL Group’s GHG emissions
- MOL to Build Series of 4 LNG-fueled Car Carriers
- MOL Signs Deal for Long-term Transport Using Newbuilding LNG-fueled Bulker
- MOL Concludes ‘Transition Loan’ Contract for 2 LNG-fueled Ferries
- MOL to Start Development of Large-size Ammonia Carrier Powered by Ammonia Fuel
- MOL Jointly Develops New Energy-saving Sail to Boost Ship Propulsion
- “Wind Hunter Project” Zero Emission Ship Sailing by Wind and Hydrogen succeeded in the demonstration experiment by the Yacht “WINZ MARU”
Initiatives to reduce society’s GHG emissions
- SEP Vessel Seajacks Zaratan Starts Foundation Work on Akita/Noshiro Wind Farm
- MOL to Re-Enter Ammonia Transport Business
- Industry partners to jointly explore the development of a liquefied hydrogen supply infrastructure for Keppel’s data centres in Singapore
- MOL Starts Research and Development on Large-scale Liquefied CO2 Carrier – Part of NEDO Demonstration Project entrusted by Japan CCS –
- MOL Signs a Letter of Intent with Russian State-owned Leasing Company GTLK for the World Largest FSU Projects in Kamchatka and Murmansk
MOL set “regional strategy” as the core of its business strategy, and focuses on Asia to win large-scale projects not limited to transport by
demonstrating MOL Group’s collective strength. In addition, it introduces initiatives intended to provide stress-free services and improve customer satisfaction by establishing a one-stop service system with a consolidated help center and by improving customer convenience through the digital transformation (DX).
Initiatives related to regional strategy
- MOL joined joint development study on ammonia fuel supply chain in Singapore
- MOL, Origin Energy Sign Memorandum of Understanding for Joint Study of Australia’s Green Ammonia Business Supply Chain
- FSRU Arrives for KARMOL’s Landmark LNG Transition
Initiatives related to establishment of a one-stop service system
- MOL Announces Integration of Dry Bulk Business and the Establishment of “MOL Drybulk Ltd.”
- MOL Announces Merger of MOL Marine and MOL Engineering
Initiatives related to DX
- MOL Group Adopts Car Carrier Operation Digital Transformation Promotion Project ‘Mathematical Optimization’: Part II
- MOL Designated as ‘Digital Transformation Certified Business Operator’
MOL introduces initiatives not only to enhance management stability, but also to create value and contribute to society by leveraging the networks and strengths accumulated in the ocean shipping industry and developing a broad range of social infrastructure businesses globally.
- Notice Regarding Transactions for the Purpose of Making the Two Group Companies Wholly-owned Subsidiaries
- MOL has decided to establish ‘MOL PLUS’ as Corporate Venture Capital Fund
- MOL to Establish “KiliMOL” a Cross-Border e-Commerce Service to deliver Used Agriculture Machinery to Africa
- Wave Power Project in Mauritius Selected for METI Subsidy Programs
- METHANEX AND MITSUI O.S.K. LINES FINALIZE DEFINITIVE AGREEMENTS FOR A STRATEGIC SHIPPING PARTNERSHIP
In April, MOL revised its expression of MOL Group Values from “MOL CHART” to “MOL CHARTS.” The added letter “S” stands for “Safety,” demonstrating the group’s firm commitment to comprehensive safety. This year, it has implemented safety-related initiatives outlined in the news releases below. The MOL Group works as a team to continually pursue the world’s highest level of safety culture.
Initiatives to improve safety/quality
- A World 1st Successful Demonstration Test of Auto Berthing and Un-berthing System, Using a Large Car Ferry and Actual Pier
- MOL Tabletop Drill Prepares for Serious Marine Accident
Initiatives for Mauritius
- MOL establishes the “MOL Charitable Trust” in Mauritius
- MOL Establishes Authorized Public Trust ‘MOL Mauritius International Fund for Natural Environment Recovery and Sustainability’ in Japan
For other press releases not listed above, please visit “Press Releases 2021” on the MOL website.
In 2022, MOL will continue to promote its business activities as a sustainable company, the first choice of customers, with safety as its first priority.